Co-Enzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone)
This material is naturally occurring co-enzyme present in all our cells and is embedded deep within our cell’s mitochondria, which are the cell’s energy powerhouses. CoQ10 is used to produce energy needed for cell growth, metabolism and maintenance.
It is thought to also function as a cell protecting anti-oxidant too, especially with proteins. CoQ10 is being evaluated in studies on heart health but there are many studies which still appear controversial.
CoQ10 levels in our cells is also known to reduce with age hence its relevance in energy supplements such as Prime Fifty’s Energising product.
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?
- The importance of Maintaining Energy
- The importance of Joint Health