Zinc is involved in over two hundred biochemical reactions and so it is an absolutely essential mineral within our diet. Zinc is becoming more and more, well known for its scientifically proven immunity support alongside Vitamin C. But in addition to this benefit, which is important as we age, zinc is also beneficial for your brain and its cognition. It also is involved in the synthesis of proteins, which of course is relevant to overall muscle health.
Zinc is involved in vision too and has been proven to contribute to normal vision. It is also an excellent protector of cells from free radical damage, due to its anti-oxidant properties.
Zinc is therefore a very relevant mineral for the over 50’s and has been included in all the Prime Fifty products for this very reason.
- Supporting your Brain Health as you Age
- How to Improve Heart Health
- The Energy Boosting Benefits of CoQ10
- Vitamin K: The modern vitamin for healthy ageing
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements