Protein is the most important nutrient for our muscles. Our muscles are always in a state of flux, both breaking down and also reforming new tissue. Protein is needed as the main building block of all our muscles, but also of other key tissues such as bones, blood and also hormones. Protein is made up of individual amino acid building blocks.
Whey protein, which is extracted from milk, is considered to be the ‘best’ and most complete protein compared to the many other proteins available. This is because whey protein contains the highest proportion of ‘essential’ amino acids i.e. those amino acids that cannot be synthesised in the body.
In addition whey protein comprises the highest fraction of the ‘essential amino acids’ which cannot be made in our body, and therefore must come from our diet.
In addition, a pan European study involving the top protein scientists around the world also came together and agreed that whey protein was the best protein to combat muscle loss in ageing populations and this is why Prime Fifty have used it in this product.
- The Energy Boosting Benefits of CoQ10
- Vitamin K: The modern vitamin for healthy ageing
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?