This is a key vitamin for bone health and is even more important with the over 50’s, when bone density is dropping and fractures become more likely. It works by promoting the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, both key constituents of bone. A failure to get enough vitamin D can lead to bone loss and this can lead on to loss of bone density and strength. Unfortunately, the majority of over 50’s across the western world are deficient in vitamin D and this is a real concern which needs addressing.
Vitamin D is mostly acquired via sunlight with only a small proportion coming from diet. As we age, we tend to spend less time in the sunlight and therefore it is nearly the norm to have less than the required vitamin D. Even the NHS are now advising supplementation with this vitamin.
Prime Fifty has decided to include vitamin D at double the NRV/RDA across its range.
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?
- The importance of Maintaining Energy
- The importance of Joint Health