Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
Like the other B vitamins, this is a water-soluble material, involved in cell division, energy production, red blood cell formation and immunity. However, in the ageing gut, the absorption of B12 can be far less efficient than their younger counterparts. This is due to a lower acidity in the stomach leading to poor absorption (and therefore use) of Vitamin B12. This energy vitamin is also associated with the maintenance of homocysteine levels, just like B6 and hence highly relevant to the ageing consumer. Also, there is growing evidence that B12 is associated with brain health and cognition so getting the proper level of B12 is vital.
Prime Fifty has incorporated B12 into all its products.
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?
- The importance of Maintaining Energy
- The importance of Joint Health