After calcium and then phosphorus, potassium is the third most abundant mineral in the body. In our cells potassium takes on a positive charge and is an essential component which controls water balance and acid/alkali balance within our cells across the whole body. It helps the transmission of nerve impulses, helps control muscle contraction and also helps maintain a healthy blood pressure.
Prime Fifty have used potassium as an additive in their muscle maintenance product as potassium is very much involved in muscle function.
- The Energy Boosting Benefits of CoQ10
- Vitamin K: The modern vitamin for healthy ageing
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?