Milk contains around 5% protein and milk protein is simply a concentrated extract of this milk protein. Milk protein is approximately 80% casein protein and 20% whey protein, both of which contribute to the maintenance of muscle mass in younger and older adults alike.
According to many scientific studies, milk derived proteins have a higher digestibility and also are a higher quality than other proteins like soy, pea, rice etc and this is the reason why Prime Fifty have used this particular milk derived protein in their Muscle Maintenance product, to help combat sarcopenia (muscle loss with age).
- The Energy Boosting Benefits of CoQ10
- Vitamin K: The modern vitamin for healthy ageing
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?