Iodine is an essential component of the well-known thyroid hormone, thyroxine, found in the thyroid gland in which most of the iodine in our body resides. This hormone is responsible for regulating our metabolism within our entire body. Iodine deficiency can cause a condition known as goitre, in which the thyroid gland tends to swell.
Iodine also not only contributes to energy metabolism, but also skin, the nervous system and even cognition within our brains.
Prime fifty uses iodine in their energising product for this reason.
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?
- The importance of Maintaining Energy
- The importance of Joint Health
- The Importance of Bone Health