Glucosamine is well recognised and accepted across the world as a front line, joint health ingredient. It is found naturally in quite high concentration in joints and is a basic building block of certain constituents of cartilage. Glucosamine is important for maintaining elasticity, strength and resilience of cartilage, helping to reduce damage to joints. In such supplements (as with Prime Fifty), it is used in conjunction with chondroitin, also found naturally in joint tissues.
The way in which glucosamine works in largely unknown but latest theories suggest that glucosamine may help stimulate the synthesis of collagen, though this is not yet totally proven. Despite the huge body of scientific evidence across the world, surprisingly health claims for this ingredient are still being debated in Brussels within EFSA (European Food Safety Authority).
- Supporting your Brain Health as you Age
- How to Improve Heart Health
- The Energy Boosting Benefits of CoQ10
- Vitamin K: The modern vitamin for healthy ageing
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements