Flax seed is a rich source of EFAs (essential fatty acids), which are needed for optimal health. One such EFA found in flax seed is a key Omega 3 fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid or simply ALA. This particular Omega 3 can be converted into larger Omega 3’s as those found in oily fish (EPA and DHA to be exact).
Omega 3 ‘s such as DHA and EPA have proven heart health benefits both in blood pressure and also in maintaining normal levels of triglycerides, which are fats found in the blood.
Flax seed is used as a part of the Muscle Maintenance product.
- The Energy Boosting Benefits of CoQ10
- Vitamin K: The modern vitamin for healthy ageing
- Do Collagen Supplements Really Work?
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Skin As You Age
- Nourish Your Skin From Within With These 5 Top Tips
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin
- Why Do We Need Nutritional Supplements
- Why Over 50s DO Need Supplements
- Supplement Mythbusting with Dr Max
- Do Supplements Work?